1. Length of Consignment: The consignment period is ninety (90) days beginning the day the item is tagged and available for sale. Items picked up before the end of the 90 day period will be assessed a fee equal to 10% of the current price. A drop-off inventory may be completed and a copy of the consignor's i.d. will be made. All merchandise consigned must be the personal property of the consignor "free and clear".
2. Liability: Second Wind Consignments assumes no liability for the loss, damage to, or destruction of any item consigned.
3. Imperfect Merchandise: Items that do not meet our current inventory requirements or are damaged will not be consigned and must be picked up within thirty (30) days of drop-off. Unclaimed items will be donated or disposed of without additional notice to the Consignor.
4. Pricing: Second Wind Consignments will set the selling price of "like-new" consigned items at no more than 1/2 of retail value. After the first 50 cents, the consignor will receive fifty percent (50%) of the FINAL selling price for all items sold within the consignment period. If items are not in "like-new" condition when dropped-off and it is necessary for our staff to clean them, the "split" will be adjusted and the consignor will receive only forty percent (40%) of the final selling price. The consignor will not be notified if this change is implemented.
5. Price Reductions: All consigned items are subject to automatic price reductions. At the end of thirty (30) days, all prices will be reduced by ten percent (10%). At the end of sixty (60) days, the price will be reduced by 25% off the original price.
6. Pickups: Consignor must pick up all wanted, unsold items within two (2) weeks from the end of the 90 day consignment period.* All items not picked up at the end of this period, will "expire" and become the property of Second Wind Consignments and may be further reduced and sold. Expired items may be returned but a 25% return fee will be charged. Return fees will be based on the lowest printed price on the tag & deducted from any outstanding credit on the consignors account or, if no credit exists, must be paid at the time of pickup.
* Holiday-specific decorative items will be donated two weeks after the associated holiday without further notice.
7. Consignor Payouts: Checks to consignors will be mailed no later than the 10th of each month for account balances amounting to ten dollars ($10.00) or more generated from the previous months' sales. Any account below $10.00 will accrue through the following month(s) until the minimum is met. ALL payout checks will be mailed to the address on the consignor's account and 75 cents will be deducted to cover the cost to do so and should be cashed within 90 days of issuance. Should it become necessary to reissue a check, a $20.00 fee will be assessed to defray the cost of a stop-payment order on the original payment if the original check is not returned.
8. Record Keeping: It is the responsibility of the consignor to keep track of pickup dates for consigned items. We will not call to remind you to pick up unsold items.